Man, this cheesecake is good.
I will admit that it would be much better if I had a decent blender to make it really creamy instead of this lackluster sort-of-creamy-but-still-a-little-grainy concoction that I whipped up. This recipe will serve as motivation to save up for a Vita Mixer. However, even if your blender is not doing its job properly, you will end up with some delicious treats to keep in your freezer, bring to a party, or give to friends.
I am notoriously bad at making plans to see friends. It’s already February and I haven’t even been able to properly exchange Christmas presents! Here you go, friend, sorry for my belatedness.
Very simple crust- just dates, walnuts, and some almonds. I would really like to know why I went 22 years without ever eating a date until today. I used to think they were just over-sized raisins, it’s a tragedy. I am so, so glad I bought more than enough so I can get my fill.
Pressed into cupcake liners and waiting for that blueberry goodness.
Topped with wild blueberries!
Wow, just wow. Try to limit yourself to one. Key word: try. And probably fail.
This post was inspired by the Minimalist Baker’s 7 Ingredient Vegan Cheesecakes, found here: http://minimalistbaker.com/7-ingredient-vegan-cheesecakes/
Raw Vegan Blueberry Cheesecakes
Makes 12. Prep time 20 minutes. Ready in 3 hours.
- 1 c pitted dates
- 1 c raw walnuts and almonds
- 1.5 c raw cashews and macadamia nuts
- 1/4 c lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 c + 2 T full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 c agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 c wild blueberries
- Blend up your walnuts and almonds (totalling in one cup, I used 3/4 walnuts and 1/4 almonds) into a meal.
- Run dates under warm water and crush with your hands. Add them to the nut meal. Blend thoroughly.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners. Press a small spoonful of crust mixture into the liners
- Blend remaining ingredients until creamy, reserving 1/4 c blueberries for topping. Fill the cup cake liners and top with several blueberries.
- Freeze for 3 hours. Thaw for 3 minutes and enjoy.
Hope you love these as much as I did!